||Engineering and Manufacturing
||£19,000 - £25,000 per annum
Contact Shannon Mills to talk about this role on 01787 881962
Are you looking for a new role - keen to work in a modern manufacturing environment?
Just Recruitment is looking to recruit a Machine Operator to join a well established company based on the outskirts of Halstead.
Manufacturing, assembling parts in an efficient and safe manner are the key criteria for this role.
Key Tasks Include:
Health and Safety
- Comply with the Company's health and safety rules and regulations and help ensure compliance by all who enter or work at the Company's premises.
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness in the Production Dept. and other areas.
- Ensure plant, equipment and buildings are properly maintained, advising the Production Supervisor of any deterioration or damage at the earliest opportunity.
- Understand, implement and follow all relevant procedures included in the Company's Quality Manual.
- Become fully conversant with, set up, load, unload and operate safely and efficiently, machinery, tools and equipment such as: -
Brazing equipment, drilling/tapping machine (CNC, pedestal, etc.), grinding machine, laser cutting machine, lathe (manual, CNC), linishing machine, milling machine (manual, CNC), press brake, sawing machine, welding (TIG,MIG, automated).
- Carry out production operations such as fitting, assembly, de-burring, painting etc. making optimum use of time, space and materials.
- Produce components in accordance with layouts, drawings, sketches, production orders or verbal instructions; working to the stated limits of tolerance.
- Complete time sheets, production returns, absence forms, holiday request forms etc. and pass promptly to Production Supervisor.
- Carry out machine maintenance work according to skills and physical capabilities.
- Use computer terminal to enquire and input details of operations, orders, parts, procedures, products, samples, services, stock, suppliers, time, tooling, etc.
- Participate in physical counting of stock and investigate discrepancies. Help maintain an accurate record of goods in the warehouse and elsewhere.
- Assist with, and where appropriate carry out, the training of other members of staff.
- Advise Production Supervisor on the suitability and effectiveness of existing plant, equipment and staff. Make recommendations for the development or procurement of alternatives or additions.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Establish and maintain friendly relationships with colleagues and staff. Exude a courteous and helpful manner to any person with whom he/she may come into contact in the course of his/her work.