||Engineering and Manufacturing
||Competitive depending on experience
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is seeking a Machine Technician/Setter based in Gillingham, Kent.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure First Line Maintenance is carried out, machines, processes and fixturing are clean and functioning correctly, e.g. replacing faulty components and ensuring error proofing devices are in order.
- To be able to visually identify features that would indicate the need to change tooling.
- To carry out the tool changing procedure, e.g. tooling changes, complete first offs and complete the Process Quality Information Chart, escalating excessive tool usage.
- To be conversant with machine controllers to a good level, resetting tool life, adjusting parameters and making positional adjustments to machines.
- Have knowledge of tool management, ensure adequate availability of tooling.
- Responsibility for the accurate booking of scrap (using correct scrap code), and actively working with the Manufacturing Engineer, Machine Operators and Machine Setter Operators to reduce the rolling top 5 scrap concerns within the section.
Mon: 7:30 – 16:00
Tues – Thurs: 7:30 – 15:30
Friday: 7:30 – 14:30