Master Production Scheduler
||Engineering and Manufacturing
Contact Lisa Cleverley to talk about this role on 01787 881962
Just Recruitment are delighted to be assisting with the appointment of a Master Production Scheduler for a large manufacturing business on the outskirts of Colchester, Essex.
The Production Scheduler will work with Sales, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing to successfully implement a modern, effective, and efficient planning process - transforming the process and service levels within Operations.
The Production Scheduler is responsible for developing and implementing policies and standard operating procedures, including the MRP system parameters - in order to optimise the sales orders, work orders, and material flow through the supply chain and the factory.
Main Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To fully define, control, and monitor the flow of sales and work orders through the MRP System.
- To establish and/or update work instructions to ensure planning processes are aligned with sales, purchasing, planning, and manufacturing.
- Ensure processes allow team members to acknowledge orders within the required time, in line with agreed business KPI’s.
- Ensure management and update of order acknowledged dates
- Management of Action Messages (self, others, and processes) in MRP System.
- Establish materials planning processes and parameters to ensure product lead times meet expectations defined together with product management and sales.
- Establish internal planning processes that ensure the appropriately fixed planning horizon for suppliers and manufacturers.
- Review and implementation of suitable planning procedures.
- Reporting Sales Order On-Time Delivery and Late Backlog/Order Book.
- Provide problem-solving data and input to improve delivery performance.
- Build and update capacity planning model (factory and by sub-area) to allow capacity management (up / down) together with manufacturing staff.
- Support expediting of work and Sales Orders to ensure that Plan dates are achieved.
- Contribute the Sales and Operational Planning (S&OP) process, coordinating stakeholders and feeding into the master production schedule.
You will be working closely with the following:
- Internal Sales to enable effective communication with external sales and end customers.
- External Sales, Sourcing and IT as stakeholders within the S&OP process
- Purchasing and sourcing departments to ensure timely arrival of manufacturing components
- Manufacturing and Logistics Managers, as well as MBU’s and LAL’s as required, to ensure they are aware of issues which may affect capacity and man hours to meet balanced workloads.
Key Knowledge requirements:
- Knowledge of ERP Systems and their principles/methodologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX is desired but not essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation, both internally and externally.
- Understanding and awareness of wider business functionality.
- Customer focused
- Ability to work on your own initiative, pre-empting issues and prepared to advise other areas of the business
- Experience in appropriate environmental planning within Engineering/Manufacturing sector
- HND / Bachelor’s degree is essential, Master Degree / CIPS / ILM / supply chain further education is desirable
This is an excellent opportunity to join a large organisation - exporting goods globally, offering an excellent package, great company benefits and free parking on site.
To discuss this position, please contact Lisa Cleverley at the Just Recruitment Group - Sudbury office