This job has now expired, however you can view many more jobs like this one.
Search more jobs
Material Controller / Planning Analyst
||Engineering and Manufacturing
||Discussed on application
Search more jobs
Just Recruitment is recruiting for a Material Controller/Planning Analyst on behalf of a company based in Gillingham, Kent.
You will be joining the Production Control and Logistics Department and will be the primary contact for the supplier or several suppliers, ensuring good communications between the supplier and manufacturing/customer coordinators and making sure goods are received on time.
You will also perform the MPS/MRP schedules for manufacturing and suppliers.
Role and reponsibilites:
- Management of several external suppliers
- Reviewing and sending AS400 purchase schedules to the supplier
- Review shipments from the supplier, some by air some by sea
- Keeping track of shipments
- Prioritise incoming shipments, sea/air/other
- Chasing suppliers to reduce arrears/backorders
- Perform the MPS (Master Production Schedule) for the site
- Ensure the plan is levelled as per the capacity with manufacturing/supplier
- Perform the MRP (Materials Requirements Planning) run to produce the manufacturing and supplier schedules
- Review customer variations and assess inventory levels and build plans
- Ensure production is scheduled correctly to achieve on-time shipments (right time, right part, right quantity), optimise FG inventory and manufacturing cost
- Conduct production planning and Scheduling activity and ensure efficient planning and optimised resource utilisation (equipment, resources, etc.)
- Coordinate S&OP file updates for all required cross-functional inputs
- Lean manufacturing/material movement
- Production control experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good proficiency in AS400 and/or SAP and/or business objects.
- Knowledge of AS400 file transfers
- Able to build relationships with suppliers and production team
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate via reports, emails, presentations
- Mechanical engineering apprenticeship