||Engineering and Manufacturing
||£26,000 - £32,000 per annum
Contact Shannon Mills to talk about this role on 01787 881962
The Just Recruitment Group is delighted to be recruiting for a Material Planner on behalf of a large manufacturers based on the outskirts of Sudbury.
The role involves performing a range of functions in the planning and purchasing of materials to support manufacturing according to the production schedule, customer orders and forecast.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of inventory to the site to enable the production teams to deliver against targets, whilst maintaining an optimal stock level and dealing with any supply issues that may arise. The goal is to ensure the smooth and cost-efficient flow of material to support the production cells.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the purchasing of raw materials.
- Supporting the site by taking ownership of various reports and metrics to ensure optimised inventory and service levels are met.
- Working closely with production planners, quality engineers, production managers, supervisors and warehouse operatives to ensure goods are available when they need to be.
- Reporting on key metrics and providing visuals and information at daily stand up meetings to communicate any potential issues.
- Tracking metrics to build data to influence future decisions and changes.
- Reacting to changes in supply to ensure contingency and recovery plan available in a timely manner and any issues escalated as appropriate, with labour and material requirements communicated throughout.
- Attending the weekly Master Production Schedule meeting with key stakeholders to align on a firm plan to meet the short to medium term targets and managing the scheduling daily to deliver this.
- Reviewing changes to forecast to expedite/ de-expedite as appropriate.
- Reviewing usage, lot sizes and lead times to ensure master data is correct and allows for efficient planning.
- Responsible for the timely resolution of return of non-conforming goods, invoice queries or other supply issues.
- Working with Commodity Managers, Project Owners and other departments to support existing, replacement and new product requirements.
- Sound understanding of an ERP system and MRP.
- Good verbal communication, comfortable with speaking to suppliers, colleagues, management and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Quality comes first attitude.
- Experience in material planning from a manufacturing environment.
- Sound SAP knowledge.
- Experience in leading projects/ tasks and working effectively in small teams.
- Comfortable with data analysis.
- Desire to improve, lead.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment.
To discuss this role in more detail, please call today.