Mechanical Inspector/Quality Engineer - £23k to £25k - Saffron Walden
The Just Recruitment Group is excited to be supporting a superb Sheetmetal Engineering company. Our client is currently looking to fill the role of a Mechanical Inspector/Quality Engineer at their Saffron Walden location.
The Mechanical Inspector/Quality Engineer is a hands-on position with responsibility for maintaining a quality system including completing inspection duties, as required throughout the facility, ensuring that Quality standards and method specifications are being complied with at all times so that output meets all customer expectations
Key duties of the Mechanical Inspector/Quality Engineer include:
- Maintaining all quality specification documentation within the quality management system;
- Carrying out goods inwards inspections, ensuring that the part is machined correctly to the drawing;
- Maintaining sample inspection where required (validation of parts returning from sub contract locations);
- Understanding Engineering drawings for the purpose of inspection;
- Completing visual inspection of parts during the inspection process;
- Generating Nonconformance paperwork as applicable;
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures, including Code of Conduct and Health and Safety;
- Managing returns procedures for defective parts;
- Completing final inspections;
- Maintaining calibration and accurate inventory of gauges, scales, test and measuring equipment;
- Managing customer complaints;Completing internal audits.
The successful Mechanical Inspector/Quality Engineer will have the following:
- Ability to understand method specifications and basic engineering drawings;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute in a team environment;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Willingness to learn and take on board new skills;
- Ability to achieve goals within demanding deadlines;
- Ability to work closely with other areas of the business;
- To be a self-starter with drive and enthusiasm;
- To have excellent attention to detail and produce quality work within set time frames.
Required experience of Mechanical Inspector/Quality Engineer includes:
- Experience or understanding of working in a fast-paced Manufacturing/Engineering environment;
- Experience or understanding of inspection techniques;
- Experience or understand of precision component inspection;
- Knowledge of Office / Excel.
Apply by sending your CV to Victoria.email@example.com or clicking the link above. For more information regarding this role, call us today on 01440 270 011