Are you a skilled Mechanical Product Engineer with significant work experience in the field looking for a rewarding new role?
If you answered yes, then keep reading!
Our Client, a global and pivotal manufacturer of medical devices within the Point of Care sector, is seeking a Mechanical Product Engineer to join their supportive engineering team in Sudbury.
You will work closely with the Research and Development, Service, Manufacturing, and Quality teams to coordinate platform enhancements, implement cost reduction projects, drive corrective actions in response to field issues, respond to new regulatory requirements and address manufacturing quality issues.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Developing precision electro-mechanical assemblies that meet or exceed design requirements;
• Supporting supplier change and retooling efforts by ensuring the robustness of legacy design documentation;
• Identifying the root cause of reported anomalies using problem solving skills and methodologies;
• Collaborating on cross-functional teams to identify technical and business risks associated with design and process changes;
• Performing engineering analysis and establishing test plans to demonstrate product designs meet performance and safety requirements;
• Completing engineering documentation required to support assigned projects;
• Providing mentoring to other engineers.
You will have the following skills:
• BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering;
• Significant work experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment within product development, sustaining engineering or manufacturing engineering;
• Experience in an engineering / maintenance or fault-finding discipline;
• The ability to understand technical drawings and documentation;
• Experience of 5S / Lean / Kaizen events;
• Understanding of ASME Y14.5 geometric dimensioning and tolerancing is a must;
• Proficiency with leading MCAD software tools is a must, SolidWorks strongly preferred.
Although not essential, the following skills are desirable:
• Project Management skills;
• Working knowledge of produce safety requirements (UL, IEC, ISO, FDA), FEA tools, agile, lean and/or six sigma and statistical techniques;
• Experience with precision drive mechanisms, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, sensor technologies, electronics packaging, and injection moulding part design;
• Electromechanical knowledge, with a good understanding of underlying principles;
• Work experience in the medical device industry, or other regulated industries.
If you are interested in this fantastic role, please contact Lisa Cleverley at the Just Recruitment Group today.