Multi-Skilled Engineering Technician
||Engineering and Manufacturing
Contact Bridie James to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is assisting a growing organisation on the outskirts of Haverhill, looking to add a Multi-Skilled Engineering Technician to its production team.
The key purpose of the role is to efficiently deal with any breakdown, Electrical or Mechanical, involving production plant machinery and site services. Also, to undertake the installation of new equipment and carrying out preventative planned maintenance duties to ensure all equipment and site services are maintained to an efficient and safe standard.
Key duties include:
- Breakdown repair, maintenance and servicing of the processing plant, machinery, and site services
- A methodical approach in fault finding on both electrical and mechanical devices
- Effectively respond to reactive, predictive and PPM issues
- Working alongside a team of skilled engineers
- Installation and commissioning of mechanical and electrical equipment
- To adhere to Company Rules, Health and Safety/Environmental Standards and Practices
- To attend training and continuous development opportunities as required
- Maintenance, examination, and testing of existing equipment to ensure correct operation and safe working conditions are achieved
Key requirements for this role:
- GCSE Mathematics & English.
- Formal qualification required to safely undertake any mechanical and electrical work - City and Guilds as a minimum.
- Successful completion of a recognised engineering apprenticeship
- Additional qualifications required carrying out certain tasks that require a legal certification from an authorised body e.g. abrasive wheels replacement, Pat testing, electrical testing of circuits
- 5 years of hands-on experience gained in a manufacturing/processing environment
Working hours are on a rotational shift basis - 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm Monday to Friday.
Excellent benefits are on offer as well as free parking and an excellent working location.