Operational Support Engineer
||Engineering and Manufacturing
||Dependant on experience
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is recruiting for an Operational Support Engineer (Automotive) on behalf of a company based in Gillingham, Kent.
Your main duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver projects and process improvements from concept through to completion.
- Provide practical problem solving on the process.
- To support the operation in terms of providing the means and process to manufacture product to the correct quality, volume as well as cost.
- To actively reduce costs of manufacture (MEIT) whilst maintaining product quality and volume.
- Support the hourly needs of the operation by monitoring and responding to process output signals such as OA performance, Traffic light charts, FTQ data etc.
- Monitor daily reject returns, gather data and implement robust fixes.
- Work closely with operations to ensure production output targets are sustained.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all equipment used in manufacturing or assembly processes is functioning and in specification.
- Create operational standard work and line balance, understanding process constraints.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all gauging equipment used in manufacturing or assembly processes is functioning, working within specification and calibrated.
- To provide structured problem-solving activity and liaise with internal and/or external individuals on problem resolution.
- Carry out FMEA process documentation and implement improvements.
- Ensure that the work environment meets the requirements for environmental, ergonomic, health and safety considerations.
- Hands on experience of CNC machining processes in a manufacturing environment – grinding, turning, milling etc.
- Ability to work in a structured, organised manner and mindful of standard work – both as applied to the manufacturing process and in the engineers’ approach to workload.
- Analytical and data literate.
- Current IT knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, project etc.
- Ideally (Mechanical) Engineering Degree or ‘time served’ or relevant industry experience in a broad spectrum of activities.
- Various shifts including day shifts are available.