||Engineering and Manufacturing
||Discussed on application
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is recruiting for an Operations Manager on behalf of a company based in Braintree, Essex.
For this role, you will be responsible for all operational activities, including manufacturing, engineering, assembly and finishing operations, as well as stock and warehouse operations.
Duties will include:
- Responsible for the development and continuous improvement of all operations and including the implementation of an automated production line.
- Work closely with Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental advisors to ensure operations are fit for purpose and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Continually seek to develop methods to improve capability and performance to include Lean Manufacturing methodologies ensuring compliance to ISO 9001 and ISO14001 and any future accreditations.
- Implement and monitor operational plans, ensuring that performance measures, KPI’s and targets are successfully achieved.
- Assess and monitor resource requirements, including the cost of basic hours, overtime spending, and agency staff usage, and ensure all customer orders are completed on time and to the required standard.
- Provide solutions to the operational challenges encountered within manufacturing, assembly and warehouse functions.
- Generate reports and analyse data to achieve process optimisation and develop best working practices across all operations.
- 5+ years of experience that includes leadership roles in operations as well as involvement in manufacturing, engineering and production with a proven track record of getting things done in operational environments.
- Demonstrate success in influencing and leading, building and maintaining relationships and teams, problem-solving and decision-making, personal organisation, and time management.
- Able to lead and build winning teams through coaching and influencing.
- Strong presentation and communication skills. Be resilient and able to excel under pressure.
A degree in engineering will be an advantage.