PLC Controls & Automation Engineer
||Engineering and Manufacturing
||Discussed on application
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
The Just Recruitment Group Ltd are currently recruiting for a PLC Controls & Automation Engineer for their client based in Telford.
Reporting directly to our General Manager responsible for providing technical advice and guidance, designing control and process circuits and the modification and installation of control systems. This diverse role will require extensive knowledge of automated machine, robotics and appreciation of machinery safety.
- Ideally with excellent PLC, project management and leadership skills you will be overseeing the day-to-day activities and management of the controls and software side of the business.
- Understanding of the programming of PLC software and devices to include Servo motors, Vision systems and other automation devices.
- A requirement to liaise with customers and undertake customer site visits will be required.
- PLC/HMI design, installation and commissioning.
- Providing advice and guidance on any matters in relation to electrical standards and control systems to both external and internal customers.
- Carry out safety audits and risk assessments on all machinery to ensure total compliance and a safe working environment.
- Designing control and process circuits (low voltage) and producing documentation to accompany each project.
- Carry out and manage projects / modifications from concept to completion.
- Specification of electrical control components, producing bills of materials and project schedules.
- Management of personnel and projects to timescales and deadlines.
- Taking responsibility for delivery of software engineering work products according to cost, quality and operational targets.
Skills, Education, Experience:
- Preferably, educated to HNC/HND level in Engineering with electrical or control systems bias.
- Experience as a PLC Controls Engineer with circuit design, PLC programming and fault finding with exposure to and use of Servo control systems and robotics.
- Knowledge of CE Marking process and the Machinery Directive.
- Customer focused with good communication skills both verbally and written • High attention to detail with good analytical and reporting skills.
- Proactive approach to continuous improvement and working practices.
- Flexible, team focused willing to show initiative.
- Strong problem-solving skills and diagnostic ability both reactive and proactive.
Hours of Work:
Monday – Thursday: 8.00 am – 5.00 pm
Friday: 8.00 am – 2.30 pm
Lunch Break: 30 minutes each day, 40-hour week.
Although the successful candidate will be expected to be flexible and work the hours required to succeed in the role.