Production Cell Team Leader
||Engineering and Manufacturing
||to be discussed on application
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
The Just Recruitment Group is currently recruiting for a Production Cell Team Leader for their client based in Tiverton, Devon.
Reporting to the Production Manager, we are seeking a Team Leader to support the continued growth of the company whilst strengthening the people management of the production cells. The Team Leader will have day-to-day responsibility and focus on supporting and developing employees.
Scope of the Role:
- Promote a safe working environment and reduce accident trend.
- Ensure output targets are met or exceeded.
- Ensure performance of team and individuals meets targets set including managing performance effectively.
- Achieve positive customer service with high levels of on-time delivery and delivered quality results.
- Improve productivity results through improving OEE performance.
- 5S percentage score improvement.
- People management and performance to include skills, appraisals and development.
- Team communications and daily HR procedural adherence.
- Creating and maintaining a positive workforce and developing an effective team-working environment.
- Promote safe working practices.
- Coaching employees to include addressing performance issues and conducting personal development reviews to improve skills.
- Identify skills gaps and implement training plans to support the business needs.
- Day to day HR activities and deal with employee conflict and perform first level disciplinary reviews to include absence management.
- Develop and support improvement programmes in conjunction with employees.
- Participate in regular team briefings, to promote and develop a culture of inclusive communication, engagement and co-operation.
- Planning, organising and prioritising the workloads of machine shop personnel to ensure production targets are met, maximising the utilisation of capital equipment.
- Key person in ensuring KPI targets on safety, quality, cost, efficiency and delivery are achieved.
- Maximise the Overall Equipment Effectiveness performance.
- Adhere to lean principals and working practices including 5S.
- Strong leader with previous experience of coaching and people management to include employee engagement, motivation and performance and development.
- Performance management processes and techniques.
- Previous experience of production supervision.
- Appreciation and implementation of lean principles including 5S and SMED.
- Excellent IT and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Sound knowledge and experience of health and safety compliance.
Hours of Work:
Monday – Thursday:7.00 am – 4.00 pm
Friday:7.00 am – 12.00 pm. 39-hours per week.
In return they offer:
A competitive salary, after a qualifying period health care cash back scheme and company pension contributions, a generous holiday allocation of 25 days per year (full time allocation) plus bank holidays and free on-site parking.