The Just Recruitment Group is currently recruiting for a Production Engineer for their client based in Braintree, Essex.
This is an ideal opportunity for a Production / Process Graduate Engineer with some manufacturing precision engineering experience looking to join an industry leader and have a lasting impact within an innovative and industry leading company.
The Engineer should bring with them an ability to lead and manage change by using lean techniques and continuous improvement techniques to improve the quality, productivity and output of the factory.
Reporting to the Production Engineering Manager, the primary function of the role will be to:
- Lead, and manage process capability improvement, eliminate waste, drive customer satisfaction, and improve working capital performance through the use of lean and six sigma tools.
- Provide technical expertise to evaluate existing processes and configure manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve machine reliability and develop best practices within the manufacturing environment.
- Research, justify and implement new equipment and techniques including automation solutions, to improve quality and efficiency resulting in higher yields and increased output.
- Support day-to-day operations of the factory.
- Hold a formal qualification in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Production Engineering preferably to degree level.
- Experience of a manufacturing environment making precision mechanical components.
- The Production Engineer must have a strong "can do" attitude and high work ethic.
- Ability to lead, manage and engage with all employees whilst successful implementing projects.
- Desire to grow and develop their career within the organisation.
- Excellent organisation, administrative and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
- Knowledge and experience of volume manufacture.
- Metal cutting knowledge an advantage.
- Conversant with Lean Manufacturing /Continuous Improvement techniques such as 5s, Kaizen, Kanban, structured problem solving and cell manufacture.
- Training in Six Sigma preferred but not essential as training would be provided internally.
- Experience in project management an advantage.
- Preferably CAD literate specifically in Solid works though training will be available.
Hours of Work:
Monday – Thursday: 7.30 am – 4.00 pm
Friday: 7.30 am – 3.00 pm. 39-hours per week.
Although the successful candidate will be expected to be flexible and to work the required hours to succeed in the role.
In return our client offers:
A competitive salary, after a qualifying period health care cash back scheme and company pension contributions, a generous holiday allocation of 25 days per year (full time allocation) plus bank holidays and free on-site parking.
For more information on this position, please contact Just Recruitment Group Ltd on telephone 01376 528660 quoting job reference 906484