||Engineering and Manufacturing
Contact Bridie James to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is delighted to be supporting a manufacturing organisation with multiple locations in East Anglia. They are looking to add a Production Supervisor to their existing, long-standing team.
For this role, you will have a minimum of 1-year experience within the pre-treatment and application of powder coatings sector, preferably in an architectural environment.
You must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 1-year supervisory role experience in a production environment.
Sound knowledge of the Health & Safety requirements in the handling and storage of powders and chemicals is a must to be considered for this role.
- To achieve the agreed monthly production requirements of the department whilst maintaining labour and production cost targets.
- To ensure that the products being produced meet the agreed quality standards and to achieve agreed reject/scrap levels.
- To identify and produce proposals for effective training of personnel within the department.
- To identify and produce proposals for effective methods or procedures that will cut operational costs and/or overheads.
- To ensure that all relevant Health & Safety, Environmental and Company policies and procedures are complied with by personnel either working in or visiting the department.
- To report and update on an agreed regular basis to the Manufacturing Manager matters of production and all other relevant issues.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest trends and techniques within the industry and report to senior management any developments that could have an effect on the Company.
Technical knowledge and expertise:
- Has detailed knowledge of the technical skills needed for the job.
- Seeks out best practice both internally and externally.
- Provides high-level specialist input when required.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring all staff are able to develop their technical expertise.
- Takes responsibility for resolving quality issues.
- Agrees work schedules, deadlines and standards and ensures all staff are aware of them.
- Handles customer complaints in a positive way.
- Has some understanding of the external marketplace.
- Sets priorities and ensures people work to meet them.
- Supports people in setting work priorities.
- Ensures quality and quantity standards are met.
- Encourages people to seek ways of working more efficiently.
- Able to identify new processes and prepared to investigate new ways of working.
- Has a basic understanding of financial implications of a specific course of action.
- Is visible, approachable and willing to listen.
- Demonstrates awareness of people issues at all levels.
- Leads by example.
- Fosters a culture where individuals are seen as important.
- Commits resources to ensure effective training and development.
- Leads by example.
- Encourages people to maintain high standards.
- Challenges unacceptable behaviour.
- Provides feedback as required.
- Take responsibility for the work of the team.
- Uses praise and recognition appropriately.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward-thinking organisation, offering a competitive package.