The Just Recruitment Group is currently recruiting for a Projects Team Machinist for their client based in Tiverton, Devon.
Their Engineering Team is looking for an experienced machinist to join them to support with toolmaking and special purpose machine projects as follows:
• Machine parts to specifications using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as Micrometres and Vernier callipers.
• Setup, adjust and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
• Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings and engineering information in order to determine the methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
• Set controls to regulate machining, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
• Confer with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel in order to exchange technical information.
• Fit and assembly parts to make or repair machine tools.
• Prepare working sketches for the illustration of product appearance.
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
• Have an understanding of relevant Health & Safety issues pertaining to the relevant trade discipline.
• Good knowledge of machine safety requirements.
• Ability to adhere to Risk Assessments and safe working practices.
• Natural problem solver who seeks innovative customer focused solutions to complex problems.
• In order to work closely with, and across a range of roles and levels within the company you will need to have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence decision making.
• Highly numerate and able to analyse and present data in a clear and concise manner.
• A clear understanding and experience of delivering continuous improvement is required, ideally this means previous experience of Lean process methodologies and techniques, or project management experience (a qualification in either would be advantageous).
• Excellent IT skills, including the use of MS Office products.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
Hours of Work:
Monday – Thursday: 7.00am – 4.00pm, 30-minutes for lunch
Friday: 7.00am – 12.00pm, no lunch break
39-hours per week
In return our client offers:
A competitive salary, after a qualifying period health care cash back scheme and company pension contributions, a generous holiday allocation of 25 days per year (full time allocation) plus bank holidays and free on-site parking.
For more information on this position, please contact Just Recruitment Group Ltd on telephone 01376 528660 quoting job reference 906527