||Engineering and Manufacturing
||Discussed on application
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is recruiting for a Quality Inspector on behalf of a company based in Braintree, Essex.
Purpose of the role will be to carry out inspections of fabricated steelwork, both in process and finished product, to ensure that the article is made as per drawing.
Some inspection post surface treatment is also required.
- To take ownership of inspection activities across the manufacturing process in the Braintree fabrication facilities.
- To liaise with the factory manager and supervisors to improve the quality of finished product.
- To maintain, review and keep up to date the inspection documentation on the shop floor.
- To investigate errors and develop corrective actions and monitor the effectiveness of preventative actions.
- To attend weekly production meeting and provide a brief verbal report of inspection issues noted.
- Carry out occasional inspection visits to sub-contractor premises.
Other duties appropriate to the level of this role:
- Background in quality systems and inspection.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Tenacious investigative mentality with good attention to detail.
- Good team working skills and ability to use initiative.
- A background from a drawing environment would be advantageous.
- Welding/fabrication steelwork background essential.
- A full driving licence is preferable.