||Production and Stock Control
Contact Victoria Griffiths to talk about this role on 01440 270011
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Screen Printer looking to work within a fast paced, successful print company near Haverhill. You will be employed on a full time basis for 4 days per week – 11.30am to 10.00pm, Monday to Thursday.
Your main duties:
- Responsible for managing the operation and the running of allocated print press.
- Supervising of print assistant, ensuring the completion of their daily tasks.
- Adhering to and monitoring of implemented systems to ensure the smooth operation of the department and the communication of suggested improvements to the department manager.
- Reading and interpreting production documentation including sales orders, print design sheets, and production schedules.
- Ensuring the competition of all production documentation after the completion of each job.
- Monitoring production counts in relation to order requirements and the reporting of any excess or shortages to the print department manager.
- Reporting of all suspected spoils or substandard product to print department manager for assessment.
- Assessment of all mixed textile inks and confirmation of acceptable colour match to customer colour references
- Ensuring all jobs are signed off with the Leading Hand/Manager prior to commencing production.
- Examining and monitoring of one’s own work during production to ensure all processed goods meet the same standard as the product signed off by the print department manager.
- Ensuring all issued protective clothing is worn when necessary at all stages of the production process.
- Regularly checking protective clothing and masks etc... for effectiveness –undefinedreporting any defective items to the print manager.
- Maintaining and Servicing of equipment including M & R automatic press and M & R Sprint drier following maintenance and service schedule.
- Reporting of all faults/problems with equipment to supervisor/manager.
- Ensuring work area is kept clean and tidy.
- Ensuring all fire routes and exits in the area are kept clear and free from obstruction.
- Ensuring all work-related issues/concerns are raised with the department manager.
- Dropping into other departments and completing reasonable requests from the production manager. (Cleaning room duties including cleaning Screens, making Screens ready for printing production, packing garments ready for despatch, despatch of finished goods. etc.)
- Liaise between departments to make sure production needs are met.
- Training others when called upon.
- Working towards and communicating continuous improvements in areas of work.
- Actively working in teams to generate the required performances.
- Target driven to enable production targets are met and surpassed.
- Flexible in learning and tasks.
- Able to work within teams affectively but can work alone if the need is there.
- Able to communicate verbally, email and telephone between departments.
- Able to stay standing and move consistently throughout the day due to the nature of the role.
- Be able to problem solve and breakdown issues logically.
- Be able to work under pressure due to tight timelines and production needs based on the nature of the business.
- Able to understand basic computer systems.