Senior BIOS Engineer
||Engineering and Manufacturing
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is recruiting for an experienced BIOS Engineer to join a company based in Colchester, Essex.
You will be involved in many different activities, and in particular the following:
- Developing, enhancing and maintaining UEFI BIOS on multiple platforms.
- Designing and developing EFI shell applications and diagnostics software.
- Working with hardware designers during design to specify the product, and again particularly during the prototyping stage to get the product working. This often involves the development of new special-purpose test software or other tools.
- Interfacing with other software engineers to support several different operating system environments, including both native and virtualised configurations.
- Working with other software engineers developing self-test and other diagnostic programs for the hardware.
- Backing up our technical support engineers when problems arise in the field.
- Interfacing directly with the manufacturing Test team for queries arising in the in-house production test area.
You will be working closely across all disciplines, with a small number of engineers. Every software engineer is rapidly involved in many different projects, and you will have responsibility for the entire BIOS package. The hardware and software platforms vary, but most of the devices used are complex and a good appreciation of the hardware is a pre-requisite for this role.
Engineering graduate, with very good experience in the areas below:
- UEFI BIOS development based on EDKII, preferably AMI AptioV.
- Practical experience working on all areas of I-JEFI, such as: silicon and memory initialisation, network boot drivers and protocols, security features and Setup menu customisation.
- C or C++ programming, primarily for the Intel processor family.
- Programming hardware devices at register level.
The ability to communicate effectively with others within the company at an Engineering level is an important additional attribute.
Very competitive salary package, with generous relocation allowance where appropriate. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme.