This job has now expired, however you can view many more jobs like this one.
Search more jobs
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
||Engineering and Manufacturing
||£40,601 - £51,551 per annum
Search more jobs
Just Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer on behalf of a large manufacturer based on the outskirts of Sudbury.
About the role:
You will work closely with Manufacturing, Quality and Service to coordinate platform enhancements, implement cost reduction projects, drive corrective actions in response to field issues, respond to new regulatory requirements and mitigate manufacturing supply risk and manufacturing quality issues. You will also be responsible for providing electrical support.
Daily activities will include:
- Investigating hardware complaints
- Researching and implementing alternative instrument components and designs
- Identifying lower cost solutions
- Developing project schedules
- Defining V&V plans
- Ensuring on-time execution of plans
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, with significant experience in electronics development
- Good understanding of basic engineering fundamentals and experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Hands-on experience with analogue and digital design, board layout and qualification, programmable logic and control system development, especially for electromechanical devices
- Medical device experience (desirable)
- The ability to function well both independently and as part of an integrated team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with OrCAD, Mentor Graphics PADS, Mentor Graphics Expedition, Microsoft Office or equivalent programs is necessary
- Experience with stepper motor controls, LabVIEW and Minitab would be a bonus