Senior Financial Accountant
||Accountancy, Banking and Finance
||£50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Contact Megan-Rose Parry to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Are you a qualified Accountant?
Do you have a love for numbers, tax and VAT?
Just Recruitment is recruiting for a Senior Financial Accountant for their client based in Witham.
You will oversee the financial reporting team who are responsible for the consolidated group accounts, statutory accounts, working capital, tax and other financial and accounting compliance requirements.
Your duties will include:
- Develop, improve and succession planning of the financial reporting team.
- Responsible for and assist in the preparation of the monthly consolidated accounts in conjunction with the FP&A team and submission to Group Finance.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of the VAT and other HMRC returns (e.g. Corporation Tax, P11D, PSA).
- Divisional responsibility to ensure satellite site finance teams are informed and processes are compliant with relevant policies and controls with quarterly review processes.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and financial accounting requirements (Financial Reporting Standards, HMRC and best practice).
- Lead the preparation and review of annual Statutory Accounts.
- Liaise with the group finance function and external auditor in the conduct of audits, reviews and investigations and take action as necessary to introduce improvements to the financial accounting procedures and service.
- Regular review and commentary of Balance Sheet including adequacy of provisions, group policies and Working Capital movements.
- Support the group budgeting and forecasting process.
- Support any M&A activity including diligence, legal and contract review including post completion integration and review and agreement of completion accounts.
- Support system implementation projects (ERP) and divisional IT strategy.
This is a full-time, permanent position working Monday – Friday 37.5 hours per week.