Senior Materials Engineer
||Engineering and Manufacturing
||Discussed on application
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is recruiting for a Senior Materials Engineer on behalf of a company based in Gillingham, Kent.
Role and responsibilities:
- Support and guide product engineering and associated functions with expertise in material science, such as: failure analysis, wear, coatings, heat treatment and deposits and corrosion.
- Develop specific expertise and experience in the field of material science and/or tribology.
- Define, prioritise and perform and/or oversee test activities, analysis and measurement as required to meet core team and project objectives, (cost, quality and timing).
- Prepare reports, presentations and technical documentation with a clear analysis and summary for decision making for internal and customer use.
- Carry out calibration and basic fault diagnosis within the limits of training on equipment used including liaising with suppliers/manufacturers.
- Develop strong technical relationships with product or manufacturing engineering teams, customers and key suppliers and escalate risks and issues to core team members and management in a timely manner.
- Apply defined engineering standards procedures and methodologies to execute project activities.
- Write work instructions, materials specifications and test methods using company standard forms or on-site developed processes.
- Support supplier technical audits and approve/develop materials/processes with suppliers, when required.
- To liaise with suppliers/manufacturing plant for sample orders.
- Ensuring safe working in the laboratory environment.
- Develop, support and follow local and corporate procedures such as compliance with IAFT.
- Coach and train engineers and junior staff members.
- Broad theoretical and practical knowledge of materials engineering e.g. Non-metallic materials, Materials processing, Heat treatment, Chemistry, Failure Analysis, Materials Development and Tribology.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and take initiative in improving established processes.
- Experience in safe working in an engineering laboratory.
- 3+ years of work experience in a relevant engineering environment.
- Awareness of simulation techniques and statistical methods.
- MEng Engineering in a related subject.
- MSc Engineering in a related subject.
PhD in a related discipline.