Our client delivers operations management, consulting and digital solutions to organisations in highly regulated markets, including insurance, financial services, utilities, communications, and to regulatory bodies.undefined They help their clients reimagine their business processes and gain new insights, delivering operations & digital solutions that sit at the core of their business, enabling service improvement, accelerated growth, and increased efficiency.undefined
As a Service Delivery Manager, you will play a significant part in shaping their future, driving forward continuous improvement whilst embracing new technology to give the organisation a competitive edge. You will be instrumental in driving culture change, embedding core values throughout the Insurance Services team based in Witham, ensuring they are engaged, happy and productive as the company continue to create a unique culture within the Insurance Services Industry.
To effectively plan, oversee and co-ordinate the day to day activities within the Credit Control and Binding Authority Management departments in order to improve efficiency, productivity and performance, driving the achievement of departmental and group business objectives.
Responsibility for but not limited to; SLA delivery, Business Continuity, audits both internal and external, and BAU management of the Credit Control & Binding Authority Management departments.
Key Accountabilities/Performance Standards
- Delivers high standards of the service to the client by making the most effective and efficient use of the operational staff and technology resources.
- Accountable for and achieves all internal and external SLA’s across the departments through effective team management.
- Develops strong relationships with other business areas ensuring proactive collaboration.
- Provides guidance, advice and support for the mutual benefit of the clients and the business.
- Continually reviews business processes, identifying areas for improvement and implementing effective change projects.
- Drives engagement between the Client Services Manager, Team Leaders and their teams to ensure the operation delivers a client service experience that continuously evolves and improves whilst achieving a leaner operating model.
- Loads work streams on project teams as and when required. Ensures the operational elements of the area are effectively communicated and considered and all projects are sufficiently embedded.
Communication and Awareness:
- Understands the productivity targets set by the Group and works closely with Senior Management to ensure these targets are achieved.
- Demonstrates full understanding of the regulatory requirements that effect and impact our business.
- Works closely with the Client Services Manager and other Senior Managers to ensure full understanding of the Industry challenges and is pro-active when seeking solutions.
- Embraces multi-channel communication from clients, pro-actively seeking ways to implement new technologies to ensure we meet and exceed the clients expectations.
- Demonstrates a highly professional work ethic.
- Pro-actively responds to changing environmental conditions which impact BAU.
- Develops and maintains management information systems to support all areas of responsibility.
- Provides monthly, quarterly and annual Management Information (MI) with analysis on performance for all operations for EXCOM.
- Tracks performance against KPI’s and, where necessary, takes measures to address underperformance, escalating to directors where appropriate.
- Conducts regular monitoring review/reforecasting, notifying, analysing and acting on variances against plan.
- Works with the Client Reporting Team to ensure that all monthly EXCOM and ad-hoc reports are produced within SLA deadlines and all action points and matters arising are addressed.
- Delivers key financial performance targets for expenses in Witham office.
- Appropriately logs client queries/requests in accordance with company procedures and maintains appropriate records relative to all processes undertaken.
- Uses a competency-based approach, in conjunction with HR, to ensure suitable candidates are recruited in the most time and cost efficient way.
- Ensures staff meet competence standards against Job Profiles and are supervised appropriate to their level of competence.
- Assesses individual competence and training needs through regular performance-based appraisal.
- Develops staff by identifying training needs, maintaining a training and development plan and ensuring that valid needs are met.
- Engages team in drive for continuous improvement.
- Manages with an open, transparent, engaging and facilitative leadership style setting clear boundaries of expectation and accountability.
- Leads and delivers investigation and disciplinary hearings as and when require. Mentors Team Leaders through this process to build their skill set.
- Experience of working within a Lloyd’s and Company Insurance Markets, with syndicate or broker experience.
- Demonstrable experience of managing large teams in a customer focused environment.
- Experience of managing change.
- Proven experience as a team player, capable of operating efficiently within a senior cross-team management function.
- Significant experience in operational management or leadership role with an insurance services provider organisation.
- Specific experience of managing delegated authorities in a broker/MGA or in an insurer/principal.
Generic Knowledge and Skills
- Operations of International Insurance and markets.
- The operation of delegated authorities.
- Lloyd’s delegated facilities procedures/byelaws
- Credit Control, Legacy and Live
Regulatory and Risk Management:
- General insurance regulation and legislation
- Prevention of financial crime
Business and Professional:
- Project management principles
- People Management
- Verbal and written communication at all levels
- Analysis and interpretation of management information
- Operational planning and Implementation.
- Decision making.
- Negotiation / persuasion
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Ability to build effective relationships.