Shift Supervisor - Nights
||Production and Stock Control
||£10.60 per hour
||Bury St Edmunds
Contact Bridie James to talk about this role on 01787 881962
Our client a well-regarded food manufacturer and producer based near Bury St Edmund's is looking to recruit a shift supervisor - nights, to add to their long standing and successful team.
The role includes the daily management and efficient running of the production department. With a responsibility for ensuring staff compliance to the company Hygiene and Health and Safety policies, and any additional tasks deemed necessary to achieve this.
Key duties include:
- Supervisory control of production Operatives.
- Liaise with the Production Manager and Assistant Production Manager in relation to fulfilling departmental requirements.
- Liaise with the departmental trainer regarding training requirements and ensure the competence of staff is monitored and upheld.
- Ensuring traceability is maintained at all times throughout the department.
- Ensure all process paperwork is completed accurately throughout the shift.
- Ensure daily machinery start up checks are completed.
- Take responsibility for, manage and quarantine products which do not meet quality standards.
- Ensure all products are produced according to specification.
- To provide cover for the Assistant Production Manager as and when required.
- Ensure that a good standard of good manufacturing practice, hygiene and housekeeping is maintained at all times.
- Ensure damaged equipment is not used and any defects are reported to engineers immediately.
- Ensure staff compliance to the company Hygiene and Health & Safety policies.
- To have a flexible approach to work in order to meet changing business requirements.
- Carry out all duties as deemed necessary by supervisory or managerial staff to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the factory.
- Compliance to Health and Safety rules at all times.
- Compliance to all company policies, practices and standard operating procedures.
Knowledge required for this role:
- Knowledge, understanding and compliance of Hygiene and Health and Safety requirements.
- Understanding of the importance of traceability batch coding and how it is applied.
- Allergen and Organic product knowledge and segregation requirements.
Personal skills required:
- Experience working within a food manufacturing environment.
- Basic IT skills.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Self-motivated and an ability to engage staff.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Good level of written and spoken English.
- To take a consistent and fair approach when implementing company policies and procedures.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation with a firm belief in personal development and training - excellent company benefits are on offer as well as free parking and further progression opportunities.
This is a full time perm role - offering an excellent package for the right candidate.
Please note - this role is working on Night shifts