Shift Supervisor – Warehouse
||Transport, Logistics and Shipping
||£24,000 - £27,000 per annum
Contact Bridie James to talk about this role on 01787 881962
Just Recruitment is delighted to be supporting our client based in Sudbury to add a shift Supervisor to their existing and long standing team!
At the forefront of warehouse distribution - they can offer you further progression, development and training.
Day to day activities include:
- Work with the customers in order to understand their requirements and
expectations and acting as the senior member of staff on the shop floor.
- Understand our customers’ issues and help drive business improvements
- Assist the managers and other supervisors in their roles.
- To train, develop and motivate staff within framework of job descriptions,
and competency/skills matrix.
- Optimise the utilisation of all assets across the operations.
- To ensure that all staff on site operate within all current legislation.
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Work with Contract Managers and/ or Supervisors to ensure Health and Safety
management best practice is applied, and investigations and corrective
actions are applied rigorously.
- Ensure staff act and conduct themselves in a safe manner in accordance
with health and safety guidelines.
- Ensure site housekeeping is carried out regularly.
- Ensure MHE is checked daily before use.
- Support the team to ensure that stock records are kept accurate and up to
- Ensure operational activities (intake, put away, pick, pack, label, dispatch)
are conducted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor and manage staff productivity and accuracy and take action as
- Report any health and safety issues including accidents and near miss incidents.
- Report on accuracy and productivity performance of the operation.
- Report any operational issues which occur so that these can be managed
and resolved as swiftly as possible.
- Regularly report on operational progress to the rest of the team and to the
Internal relationships and company awareness:
- Help ensure that we have an informed team and support development of a
continuous improvement culture.
- Develop relationships throughout the business in order to create a larger
team that will assist one another and thus exist as part of the operation as a
whole, not isolated and focused on our own domain.
- Optimise the utilisation of all assets across the operations,
identify areas of risk to the business and help develop appropriate
contingency plans to reduce the risk to an acceptable level.
- Support the objective of Safety in Operations by ensuring health and safety management
best practice is applied, and investigations and corrective actions are
External relationships and customer/product awareness:
- Support the Management Team in their regular meetings and reports to the
- Learn specific product requirements and ensure these are fulfilled across the
- Be able to develop relationships with supplier representatives to aid
Planning and time scales:
- Understand the required timescales for activities planned in the future, and
ensure that the resource is in place to achieve them.
- Record achievement of required times in order to be able to produce on
- Support the personal development of people across the contracts within a
framework of job descriptions, competency and skills matrix.
- Cover for the Contract Manager for specified periods, holidays and
Skills and requirements for the role:
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrating and understanding the requirements to provide full, professional, efficient and effective support to the business and the team.
- To continuously develop and improve service quality.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding of business needs by prioritising activity and resource and regularly reviewing the performance of the team.
- Be able to accept and embrace change.
- Commitment, planning and organisation.
- Team working.
- Be driven by structure and processes, while at the same time be able to cope with fluid situations.
- Demonstrate good leadership skills, being able to inspire, motivate and organise the efforts of a talented team.
- Be a good team player, working confidently with a very wide range of functions and personalities.
- Build relationships and credibility both inside and outside the business.
- Be a self-starter, who can work on their own initiative at this level with guidance rather than direction.
- Be able to work under pressure, balancing demands from many parts of the business and prioritising.
- Customer focus.
- Financial awareness.
- Be capable of demonstrating and communicating tasks and requirements clearly and effectively.
- Have good communication skills, of both an informal and formal nature, being comfortable with both internal as well as outward facing relationships.
- Partnership focus.
- Be able to deal with people from a range of backgrounds and experiences to help them achieve their best.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive team offering an excellent package.
Free parking is available on site.