The Just Recruitment Group is excited to be supporting a prestigious company based in Saffron Walden. We have a PERMANENT POSITION available for a Storeman and Logistics Controller.
The Storeman and Logistics Controller controls and monitors the activities involved in the functions of materials planning, warehousing, inventory control, receiving and shipping complying with all requirements of internal and external customers and company’s quality system.
- Packing and preparing for delivery components according to schedule.
- Picking call off orders from stock.
- Identifying risks to meeting planned delivery dates and actioning response or advising workshop manager.
- Allocation of materials and notification of shortages.
- Processing completed job cards ensuring all parts bookings are accurate and putting additional parts into stock.
- Printing of delivery notes and planning deliveries and collections from subcontractors and customers.
- Arranging transportation for incoming/outgoing product with external couriers as required.
- Entering and printing of sub contract purchase orders and coordination of subcontract activities directly with suppliers.
- Progressing orders.
- Receiving goods and entering Goods Received Notes.
- Kitting of assemblies from job card and drawings prior to assembly on the shopfloor or delivery to customer – recording of an errors with bills of materials.
- Allocation of materials to jobs prior to production.
- Packing and dispatch of completed orders.
- Managing customer stock and appropriate computer records.
- General assembly tasks.
- Maintaining stores labelling.
- Labelling of incoming materials.
- Van driving when required.
- Finishing Inspection.
- Regular reconciliation of stock to computer records.
- Following all safety regulations and precautions including risk assessments and wearing all required and necessary Personal Protective Equipment.
Experience & Capabilities:
- Experience in a Stock controller or Warehouse Operative role.
- Data inputting experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Able to demonstrate positive and committed attitude in the workplace.
- Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Able to maintain high standards of discipline involving appropriate procedure where necessary.
- Able to support and drive through continuous improvement on health and safety.
- Experience in promoting and upholding company performance standards and ideology (on time delivery, quality, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, housekeeping & work ethic).
- Hold a valid UK driving Licence.
- IT Literate – Excel and Word.
If you are interested in this role, apply today!