Technical Sales Engineer
||Discussed on application
||Scotland and North East
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Due to expansion Just Recruitment is recruiting for a Technical Sales Engineer on behalf of a company’s UK external sales team. This is an exciting new opportunity to strengthen their sales team in order to support their continued growth across the UK.
You will be covering the following areas:
- Tyne & Wear
- Scotland - Residency in ideally Edinburgh would be highly desirable, however Glasgow is also a possibility.
The candidate will need to be able to demonstrate a good understanding of mechanical engineering practises. Some engineering design experience would also be an advantage. A formal qualification HNC, HND is essential.
Role will involve:
- Making technical product presentations and demonstrating how the product will meet customer requirements.
- Visiting customers / prospects to discuss technical applications.
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education.
- Solving customer problems.
- Establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with customers.
- Identifying and interpreting customer requirements.
- Convincing clients that a product best fits their requirements.
- Technical report writing and quote preparation.
- Recording and maintaining customer information and data on the CRM system.
- Management of CRM system.
- Negotiating price, delivery and terms.
- Co-ordinating and field management of large projects.
- After sales support.
- Researching industries for new clients.
- Preparing quarterly sales reports.
- Preparing sales action plans as required.
- Ensuring sales targets are met.
- Attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events when requested.
- De-briefs with UK Sales Manager.
Ideal candidates could already be selling a product in the transmission field from bearings, gearboxes, motors, machine components, linear motion systems.
The candidate could also be involved in automation / special machine sales
In return we offer:
Competitive salary and commission (discussed on application)
Car, laptop Mobile phone provided along with life assurance and private medical insurance following completion of probationary period.