||Property and Construction
||Discussed on application
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is recruiting for a Trainee Estimator on behalf of a company based in Braintree, Essex.
You will support the Structural and Architectural steelwork division in preparing responses to various inquiries and preparing technical and commercial proposals for tendering purposes.
Your duties will include:
- To learn to work from technical drawings and specifications to produce concise and effective technical proposals in response to customer requests.
- To train to deliver accurate tenders with commercial aspects in mind, while also delivering to clients requirements.
- To learn to investigate ways of reducing price through the supply chain, method of fabrication/installation or value engineering, etc.
- To train to complete maintenance of tender project documentation including internal governance requirements.
- To assist with the development of standardised documentation packs for ongoing proposal use.
- To train in conjunction with Sales and Operational heads to identify and collate project risks.
- To train in liaising with internal resources and external partners to build up tender cost model.
- Production of tender compliance documentation.
- Other duties appropriate to the level of this role.
- Training will be provided for all of the above.
Qualifications and or experience preferred:
- Enthusiastic, proactive and organised individual with good use of initiative.
- Experience in the structural and architectural steelwork market is preferred, but not essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Confident in approaching new contacts.
- Experience in a commercial environment is desirable.
- Excellent use of written and spoken English language.
- Computer literate and conversant in the use of software packages such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Competent with the use of Internet explorer and online research.
- Full driving licence