Warehouse Contract Supervisor
||Transport, Logistics and Shipping
||£25,708.80 - £27,747.20 per hour
||Bury St. Edmunds
Contact Bridie James to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is working with a growing logistics business, with multiple sites across East Anglia - looking to add a Warehouse Contract Supervisor to its existing and long-standing team.
The key purpose of this role is to assist in leading the warehouse operation to deliver the operational service required by the business and customers. This role encompasses a multiuser client base, and this is a key role as the company looks to further merge its site operations.
Key duties include:
- Work with the customers in order to understand their requirements and expectations, acting as the senior member of staff on the shop floor.
- Understand customers’ issues and help drive business improvements.
- Assist the managers and other supervisors in their roles.
- To ensure that all staff on site operate within all current legislation.
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Work with General/Operations Manager on all operational matters.
- Support the objective of safety in operations by ensuring H&S management best practice is applied, and investigations and corrective actions are applied rigorously.
- Ensure staff act and conduct themselves in a safe manner in accordance with H&S guidelines.
- Ensure site housekeeping is carried out regularly.
- Ensure MHE is checked daily before use.
- Support the team to ensure that stock records are kept accurate and up to date.
- Ensure operational activities (intake, put away, pick, pack, label, despatch) are conducted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor and manage staff productivity and accuracy and take action as required.
- Help ensure that we have an informed team and support the development of a continuous improvement culture.
- Develop relationships throughout the business in order to create a larger team that will assist one another and thus exist as part of the operation as a whole, not isolated and focused on our own domain.
- Optimise the utilisation of all assets across the operations.
- Identify areas of risk to the business and help develop appropriate contingency plans to reduce the risk to an acceptable level.
- Support the Management Team in their regular meetings and reports to the customer.
- Learn specific product requirements and ensure we fulfil these across the operation.
- Be able to develop relationships with supplier representatives to aid operational efficiencies.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Numerate and literate with a good level of education to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- ILM Level 2 in Leadership and Management (or equivalent) or currently/willing to study for this.
- Experienced in Warehouse Management Systems.
- Warehouse operations experience.
- Significant people management experience having previously worked at a supervisor level.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to operate PPT.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 6.00 am to 2.30 pm.
Free parking is available on site and lots of further training and development.