Weekend Shift Production Cell Team Leader
||Engineering and Manufacturing
||Discussed on application
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting for a Weekend Shift Production Cell Team Leader.
Reporting to the Production Manager, our client is recruiting for an additional team leader to support the continued growth of their company whilst strengthening the people management of their production cells. The Team Leader will have day-to-day responsibility with supporting and developing employees.
Scope of the Role:
- Promote a safe working environment and reduce accident trend.
- Ensure output targets are met or exceeded.
- Ensure performance of team and individuals meets targets set, including managing performance effectively.
- Achieve positive customer service with high levels of on-time delivery and delivered quality results.
- Improve productivity results through improving OEE performance.
- 5S percentage score improvement.
- People management and performance to include skills, appraisals and development.
- Team communications and daily HR procedural adherence.
- Creating and maintaining a positive workforce and developing an effective team-working environment.
- Promote safe working practices.
- Coaching employees to include addressing performance issues and conducting personal development reviews to improve skills.
- Identify skills gaps and implement training plans to support the business needs.
- Day to day HR activities and deal with employee conflict and perform first level disciplinary reviews to include absence management.
- Develop and support improvement programmes in conjunction with employees.
- Participate in regular team briefings, to promote and develop a culture of inclusive communication, engagement and co-operation.
- Planning, organising and prioritising the workloads of machine shop personnel to ensure production targets are met, maximising the utilisation of capital equipment.
- Key person in ensuring KPI targets on safety, quality, cost, efficiency and delivery are achieved.
- Maximise the Overall Equipment Effectiveness performance.
- Adhere to lean principals and working practices including 5S.
- Strong leader with previous experience of coaching and people management to include employee engagement, motivation and performance and development.
- Performance management processes and techniques.
- Previous experience of production supervision.
- Appreciation and implementation of lean principles including 5S and SMED.
- Excellent IT and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Sound knowledge and experience of health and safety compliance.
Hours of Work:
Friday to Monday: 36 hour week comprising of 2 x 6 hour shifts Fri and Mon and 2 x 12 hour shifts Sat and Sun.
In return we offer:
A competitive salary, after a qualifying period health care cash back scheme and company pension contributions, a generous holiday allocation of 25 days per year (full time allocation) plus bank holidays and free on-site parking.