Business Development Manager
||Transport, Logistics and Shipping
Contact Bridie James to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is working with a growing transport/logistics business, based on the outskirts of Colchester – looking for a proactive and driven 'Business Development Manager' to join its well-respected team.
The key purpose of this role is to drive business across the eastern region. Your role will be instrumental in the continued success of the business and in supporting the rapid growth of the customer base.
The BDM will work closely with the Managing Director and local senior management team on the continual growth of the company through the management and expansion of a portfolio of customers to improve market position and achieve financial growth. Previous experience in BD and sales within the transport and logistics industry is essential.
- Build a strong new business pipeline of opportunity, which incorporates the growth of both the company and group services, and which offers excellent revenue opportunity and margin growth
- Develop a comprehensive database of prospects on the CRM system, which includes a full record of upcoming tenders over the next 3 to 4 years to ensure new prospects and opportunities are actively managed
- Maintain a full understanding of all services, procedure and standards offered by both the group and its competitors to ensure the business can be gained and value added at every opportunity - operating within a contract and against agreed terms
- Build and maintain key customer relations by arranging regular face-to-face meetings to ensure the highest levels of customer service are being provided throughout the customer's life cycle, resulting in increased revenue
- Prepare clear, concise and accurate reports both monthly and on an as-and-when-required basis for sales to be measured against organisational strategic targets
- Work alongside the sector Managing Director and local senior management team to prepare and deliver accurate sales tender documentation, including detailed presentations and quotes for new and existing business to negotiate and close business deals to increase business growth
- Meet individual targets set to provide support in meeting both annual company and group targets
Your knowledge and experience:
- Devising strategic plans to expand sales
- SWOT analysis
- Sales forecasts
- Time management
- Tracking industry trends
- Relevant industry experience to enable prospecting new business
- Experience of managing clients and managing strategic targets and growth
- Full car driving licence
Offering Monday to Friday working hours and a very competitive package with the following benefits:
- Life assurance
- Opportunity for training and development (CPC training)
- Full uniform and PPE
- Onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Loyalty awards (recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years' service)
- Employee benefits and discounts across a range of top brands (including shopping, travel, motoring and days out)
An application for a DBS certificate will be required in the event of the individual being offered the position.