Class 1 Driver
||Transport, Logistics and Shipping
||£12.00 per hour
Contact Jody Collings to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is delighted to be supporting a well-regarded business on the outskirts of Colchester – looking to add a Class 1 driver (preferably with ADR experience) to their long-standing team.
Their vehicle fleet includes artics, rigids and trailers operating from a warehouse base.
Our client prides themselves on their commitment to the health, safety, and welfare of the entire staff team.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to become part of their operation, based on a 45-hour week working Monday to Friday, between 7am and 5pm, an occasional overnight may be required.
Key duties include:
- General driving duties, observing current legal and best practice delivering and collection to/from customer’s premises or other locations.
- Wearing correct company uniform & PPE (clean and in good repair).
- Maintaining a professional standard when representing the company whilst delivering, driving, or collecting products.
- Carry out pre-use checks prior to using any equipment/vehicle/trailer, complying with appropriate documentation and procedures.
- Reporting of any vehicle defects/damage or H&S issues to management.
- Ensuring that vehicle loads are safe and damage-free, secured with the appropriate restraints as per company procedures / Safe Systems of Work.
- Check/ complete /retain and hand over all load documentation/POD’s and delivery paperwork.
- Ensure that the returned goods process is followed.
- Provide relevant feedback to management on information gathered whilst completing your duties.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness using all equipment safely as specified in operating procedures and Safe Systems of Work.
- Adhere to all H&S rules. Comply with other site rules and maintain high standards of compliance, hygiene, and housekeeping.
- Operate in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Comply with any other reasonable requests from Management.
Key person specifications:
- Category C+E driving licence.
- Minimum 12 months Class 1 driving experience on UK roads.
- No more than 6 penalty points.
- No driving convictions.
- An understanding of the law relating to drivers’ hours regulations and tachograph.