Corporate Tax Manager - NFP
||Accountancy, Banking and Finance
||Discussed on application
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is recruiting for a Corporate Tax Manager – NFP based in Gatwick.
You will work as part of a Not for Profit tax team to provide corporation tax advisory and compliance services to a wide range of clients from across the Not for Profit Sector, including charities, housing associations, education providers and public sector bodies.
You will work with a portfolio of clients and deal with all matters relating to the tax services that the firm provides to their clients including coordinating advice from other tax streams, such as VAT and stamp taxes. You will be developing strong relationships with the clients by really getting to know their organisation so that you can identify opportunities for the firm to support them.
- You will act as a key point of contact within the firm for the client. This will involve responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Responsibility for project delivery on clients within your portfolio, including agreeing scopes of work, managing billings and ensuring all work is delivered on time and to budget.
- Review work prepared by more junior members of staff and support their development through feedback, on the job training and support with their technical and client-facing skills.
- Ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep the Partner/Director informed of developments.
- Ensure that the firm’s quality control procedures are adhered to to identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Director, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Provide support to Partners and Directors on client matters and assist in the management of the team, this will include support with the recruitment and management of staff as well as with the delivery of our strategy.
- Work with other Managers within the tax team, and provide support to the rest of the team.
- Actively participate in the management of the group through Partner/Manager meetings.
- Provide training to more junior staff both on the job and through monitoring exam and on the job performance, whilst consistently providing appropriate feedback.
- Counsel, appraise, develop and motivate the team as appropriate.
Sales and marketing:
- Recognise business development opportunities and work with the Partner or Director and the client to develop these when they arise.
- Participate in bids/proposals for new work both from your existing portfolio and with new clients.
Communication and representation:
- Develop relationships with clients at senior level and maintain contact with other levels as appropriate to ensure the firm has the confidence of the client.
- You will be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Consult with colleagues and partners on technical and risk matters.
- CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable post qualified experience.
- Experience of working with Not for Profit organisations would be an advantage but is not a requirement provided you are enthusiastic about working in the sector and keen to learn more.
- Ability to guide and supervise less experienced colleagues through support training and mentoring.
- Willing to challenge current practice – to drive improvement and champion change.