This job has now expired, however you can view many more jobs like this one.
Search more jobs
||Accountancy, Banking and Finance
||£35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Search more jobs
Just Recruitment is looking for a Financial Controller on behalf of a company to join their team based on the outskirts of Ipswich.
In this role, you will need to provide high-quality financial support to the Director of Finance and Departmental Line Managers within the organisation. You will also be responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial activity within the department and be able to assess the performance of the finance team.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, bank reconciliations, and other transactions using Sage 50 as well as our industry-based business software system
- Leading a small team of staff responsible for the production of the monthly management accounts
- Producing weekly, monthly and quarterly management reports to senior management including reports to the Director of Finance in preparation for monthly board meetings
- Analysing variances and investigating potential problems with line managers
- Planning and leading on projects within the department and the company as a whole, identifying business needs and ensuring that resources and staff are available to execute the project
- Train and oversee the finance team
- Monitor the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Provide insightful information and expectations to the Director of Finance to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation, including VAT, PAYE and Corporation Tax, and a thorough and practical understanding of management accounting principles and techniques
- A recognised professional accounting qualification would be preferable
- Previous experience of managing a finance team is essential as well as an intermediate level of experience and confidence with Sage Line 50, Microsoft Excel & Outlook
- Hands-on approach to teamwork and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good understanding of new data privacy standards (GDPR)
- Excellent customer-service and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiarity with family business principles and practices an advantage but not essential
- Good level of adaptability to unplanned changes in workload and deadlines
- Superior attention to detail, good organisational and planning skills
- Excellent problem-solving, mathematical, analytical as well as critical thinking skills
A competitive salary is on offer of £35,000 – £40,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Working 38.75 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.15pm.
Holiday entitlement is 25 days per annum plus Bank Holidays.
Due to the location, you will need your own transport – free parking is provided.