||Engineering and Manufacturing
||£24,000 - £26,000 per annum
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer on behalf of a company based in Braintree, Essex to assist its maintenance team in planned maintenance and breakdown repairs throughout the site.
You will ideally have gained experience within an industrial/heavy engineering environment.
The focus of this role is to ensure the smooth day to day running of the company wide machines and buildings.
The role will require close coordination with the maintenance team.
The main department responsibilities in this role are as follows:
- Assist in the planning of breakdown maintenance of the whole site.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of new project installations.
- Assist engagement and liaison with sub-contractors vehicles service operators and insurance inspectors.
- Assist in purchasing maintenance-related products and services. Maintain efficient maintenance spares and factory consumables store.
- Routine production-related tasks.
- Site Security.
- Assist in the management of staff overalls.
- Assist in the management of company vehicles.
- Supervision of labourers working in your immediate area.
- Assist in Lean Manufacturing initiative and tidiness of your area.
- Assist in Supervising apprentices/trainees when allocated to the maintenance department.
- Provide full support to all maintenance team.
- Provide feedback to Managers
- Suggest improvements to procedures, equipment, operating methods etc. to increase efficiency.
- Work to provide results in a timely manner in accordance with planned dates/times.
- Note: Training will be provided on company-specific systems and machinery, but you should have a good understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering and be able to learn the roles above quickly.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Apprenticeship minimum to NVQ Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering (Craft and Technician).
- Hydraulics and pneumatics training.
- Electrical qualifications - Electrical Maintenance basics at a minimum.
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification.
- Ideally, 3+ years experience as a maintenance Technician/engineer.
- Experience 3+ years of team working (2 or more people).
- Ideally have 5 GCSE’s including Maths & English and Science (C or above).
- A working knowledge of Windows and MS Office, Outlook, Word and Excel most importantly.
Candidates without these qualifications but who can demonstrate relevant knowledge and experience will be considered.
Hours of work:
- 39 hours per week.
- Monday to Thursday: 7.00am – 3.30pm.
- Friday: 7.00am – 2.30pm.