||Engineering and Manufacturing
||Discussed on application
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Due to internal reorganisation, a company based in Colchester is recruiting for an Operations Manager, reporting to the Managing Director.
The main objective of the role is to ensure output targets are achieved to high quality standards with particular emphasis on control of all commercial (internal and external) aspects of Sales Order fulfilment.
You will have strong Commercial and Operational experience within electronics manufacturing and will require a comprehensive understanding of how to achieve Customer requirements within a fast-moving environment with minimal business risk.
The role is based in Colchester Essex where the products are manufactured in house.
(The company can support relocation where necessary.)
- Taking overall Commercial responsibility of the Company's Operational requirements.
- Managing the Operations team whilst achieving Customer and Company output targets.
- Driving and maintaining process improvement through a metric-driven culture.
- Understand the workings of ERP systems, manage product costings, inventory levels, work scheduling, planning, Multi-level Bills of Material and the like.
- An appreciation of Quality systems and regulatory compliance standards.
- Export compliance, with the view, in time, of becoming the company "expert".
- Maintaining staff training to industry requirements (H&S, Workmanship etc).
- Degree / HND in a Commercial / Operational subject or a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Relevant Industrial Commercial Experience of Contracts, Suppliers and Customers.
- Relevant Industrial Experience within Electronics Manufacturing.
- Planning and project management skills.
- Knowledge of international Export Compliance Regulations.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work at all levels of an organisation.
- Familiarity with quality workmanship standards and processes.
- Familiarity with problem-solving tools and techniques the ability to interpret data and statistics.
Very competitive salary package. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme.