Process & Continuous Improvement Manager
||Transport, Logistics and Shipping
||Discussed on application
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is recruiting for a Process & Continuous Improvement Manager – Supply Chain, Operations & Logistics on behalf of a company based in Witham, Essex.
*Please note that this role will be for an initial contract period of 12 months*
You will manage the collation of data from across the business, ensuring the reliability and accuracy of the data and process. You will provide detailed and thorough logistics analysis and identify opportunities to aid efficiency and cost optimisation through the evaluation of data.
You will play a key role in supporting the management team in making key business decisions.
- Provide leadership to cross-functional project teams, initiating, facilitating and executing improvement initiatives which ensure that processes are capable of meeting productivity, quality and cost expectations demanded by the business and its customers.
- Development and implementation of new processes, systems and procedures, seeking and implementing best practices to deliver breakthrough levels of improvement in process capability, agility, improved throughout capacity and business processes. Ideally with six sigma principles applied.
- Responsible for training the warehouse and logistics team to enable them to take ownership and responsibility for their performance.
- Ensures all HR and Health & Safety policies and procedures are communicated, understood and adopted.
- Lead, Plan and Implement the various stages of Improvement and Strategic projects within the warehouse and logistics areas that drive efficiencies and improve service levels whilst optimising costs.
- Create and present Capex Business case and ROI on related projects.
- Serve as Project Manager for multiple projects concurrently as required, leading and facilitating cross-functional project teams.
- Develop, manage and control project-related budgets.
- Hold presentations, facilitate meetings and training, and create reports that support and drive a continuous improvement culture across business areas.
- Develop reporting mechanism to monitor, control and evaluate the impact of improvement projects.
Qualifications and experience:
- Proven experience in business process analysis and quality management in a fast-paced multi-channel environment.
- You will probably have been working in a high-speed factory environment or within a complex logistics centre providing high-frequency order assembly and despatch.
- You will ideally be six sigma trained.
- Proven leadership skills, with a proactive attitude.
- Ability to quickly analyse and assimilate data and make recommendations based on this.
- Ability to influence peers and management on your perspective or decision making.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the credibility to effectively build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Ability to align and engage the team to achieve the Company’s vision, strategy and goals.
- Courage to initiate and lead change to drive success.
- Ability to manage and control a varied and at times a heavy personal workload with minimum supervision.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills.