Product Inspection Team Leader (Metrology)
||Engineering and Manufacturing
||Discussed on application
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is recruiting for a Product Inspection Team Leader on behalf of a company based in Gillingham, Kent.
You will lead the Product Inspection resource relating to the reporting of engineering samples inspection and measurement. Identify continuous development and improvement plans to maximise the efficiency and competency of the team.
Extensive and demonstrable metrology experience will be required.
Role and responsibilities will include:
- Lead and motivate the team, developing career progression and training plans.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement opportunities.
- Ensure EH&S and QMS conformance.
- Represent Product Inspection in Product Team, SMT and gate review meetings.
- Monitor progress in order to meet department targets, budget, resources, performance metrics and quality standards.
- Provide equipment training as necessary.
- Maintain equipment user lists.
- Carry out engineering sample inspection (pre and post validation activities).
Produce required output (i.e. report/dataset).
- Support department finance management.
- Use of specialised lab inspection equipment (e.g. Optical / Digital microscope / SEM).
- Use of specialised lab measurement equipment (e.g. Zygo, Talysurf,
- TalyRond, Alicona).
- Use of specialised lab testing equipment.
- Software skills.
- Basic programming skills.
- Project management.
- Advanced programming.
- Financial management.
- Project management.
- ONC/HNC/Degree or other equivalent engineering qualification in a relevant sector.
- 5+ years previous experience in a relevant engineering sector.
- Experience in the management of a small team.
- Experience in managing a large number of projects in parallel.
- Experience in using Inspection and Metrology equipment.
- Demonstrated experience working with customers and communicating at all levels.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams to meet company business objectives.
- Available for travelling (customers, suppliers, other sites).
- Knowledge of Diesel CR systems, test environments and Diesel engines.
Excellent benefits are available including a generous relocation allowance.