This job has now expired, however you can view many more jobs like this one.
Search more jobs
||Engineering and Manufacturing
||£9.00 per hour
Search more jobs
Just Recruitment is delighted to be working with a manufacturing organisation based in Colchester looking for a Production Operative on a permanent basis.
This really is a great opportunity to join a company at the forefront of their sector, with a long-serving and dedicated team.
You will be required to support operational goals to maximise production output, to meet customer requirements and to ensure that all production is carried out to specification, and in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
Continuous improvement and development of the business is an essential part of this role and every employee is encouraged to apply their skills, knowledge and experience to all aspects of the business - you really are a valued member of the business as a whole.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Carry out production requirements as directed by Production Lead/Production Manager.
- To follow procedures and practices to ensure production operations are carried out to the correct specification.
- To check all product and paperwork received from the previous process is correct and that all product is to specification and paperwork completed before being passed to the next process.
- To maintain the workplace to the highest levels of cleanliness and orderliness.
- To report any defects in equipment or environment that may affect the quality of the product or compromise health and safety of yourself or others.
- To assist other members of the team as required to ensure overall output levels are achieved.
- To continually strive to find better ways to improve your processes.
- Participate in the introduction of new manufacturing processes and product introduction.
- Assist in the maintenance of the site, under supervision as necessary.
- Support Warehouse operations, including an amount of manual handling.
- At Least 2 years of previous experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Use of both Power Tools and Hand tools during the Assembly Process.
- Use of Forklift Truck
- Knowledge of assembly techniques.
- Knowledge of basic Health & Safety practices, including good housekeeping and hygiene practices.
- Attention to detail.
- A Team Worker with a strong work ethic and organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work on foot for extended periods.
- Good IT Skills.
This is an excellent long-term opportunity.
There is free parking and other company benefits.