||Engineering and Manufacturing
||Temporary to Permanent
Contact Bridie James to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is delighted to be supporting a well-regarded business, based on the outskirts of Colchester looking to add a Production Operative to their vibrant and long-standing team.
The purpose of the role is to operate and maintain machinery, while also carrying out day to day tasks in the production workshop.
Key duties include but are not limited to:
- Loading and unloading various materials at different height, sizes and weights adhering to correct manual handling procedures, using lift aids where applicable.
- Daily / weekly / monthly maintenance tasks to be performed on each machine where applicable, recorded and documented.
- Daily maintenance logs to be completed and kept updated.
- Daily stock-take of materials used.
- Machines to be kept clean and tidy, in terms of cleanliness and organisation.
- Maintaining the correct levels of stock set by the Production Manager and placing orders on time using the correct ordering method.
- Be able to work on your own initiative or as part of a team.
- Producing work to the high standard (set by the Production Manager).
- Timesheets, and material sheets completed at the end of each working day & returned to Production Managers desk.
- Keeping the general working space and surrounding area clean and tidy.
- Punctual and arrival ready on time as (early/later shift pattern dictates) – Operatives must be at their machine ready to start work 5 minutes before start time.
- Bins to be emptied and area cleaned and swept before each shift.
- Energetic and professional work manor in producing the day’s work.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that prides itself on the training and development they offer.
You must be prepared to work shifts - no night working is required.
Offering a very competitive salary - plus overtime and company benefits.
Free parking is available on site.