||Property and Construction
||£60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Contact Harrison Mann to talk about this role on 01473 259923
Just Recruitment is working with a leading main contractor who has secured a £20m design and build contract in the heart of Suffolk.
We are looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organise and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
You will be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and be able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. You will also have an analytical mind and great organisational skills.
The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding the budget.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licences from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of labourers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Proven experience as a construction project manager
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities