Quality Control Engineer
||Engineering and Manufacturing
||Discussed on application
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is recruiting for a Quality Control Engineer on behalf of a company based in Braintree, Essex.
You will have a strong work history in manufacturing.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Determine test requirements, test methods, sample sizes and statistical analysis for qualification/verification studies for incoming material and manufacturing.
- Devise and/or maintain sampling procedures, designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting quality data.
- Initiate and lead non-conformance investigations regarding component failures, finished goods failures, and product returns. This includes but is not limited to performing risk analysis, determining root cause and recommending corrective action.
- Analyse customer complaints, events and other post-marketing surveillance data by examining the data for patterns and trends and investigating when necessary and working on cross-functional teams.
- Work with manufacturing engineering and operations to assess, develop and implement process quality controls such as Process Flow Chart, Product Control Plan (PCP) and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Develop, implement, and/or maintain methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material, and devise methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Develop, implement, and/or maintain methods, procedures, and schedules for supplier evaluation and auditing.
Education and experience:
- Degree in quality, industrial, or mechanical engineering.
- Electrical and Mechanical Assembly Experience.
- Working knowledge of 5S.
- Working knowledge of ESD controls and discipline (S20.20 Standard).
- Working knowledge of using problem-solving tools such as 8D/5 Whys.
- Working knowledge and ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit certification.
- Basic understanding of Supplier Quality Management.
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Awareness and working knowledge of EHS.
- Previous experience in supplier development.
- Working knowledge of FMEA.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
- Strong understanding of Complaint Handling processes and Complaint investigations.
- Understanding and practical knowledge of PPAP (Production Part Approval Process).
- Excellent organisation, documentation, and prioritisation skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment is critical.
- Self-starter to initiate work and execute solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills while maintaining confidential information.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be flexible to help react to any quality or EHS issues that may arise within the business.