Quality Manager (Electronic Hardware & Software Development)
||Engineering and Manufacturing
||Discussed on application
Contact Tracey Bates to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is recruiting for a Quality Manager on behalf of a company based in Colchester, Essex.
You will possess a strong quality background in electronics hardware and software design disciplines, have a comprehensive understanding of the AS 9100 standard whilst working at all levels of the organisation, and be able to implement improvement whilst integrating process changes into the existing Quality systems.
This pivotal new role within the Quality Department has the main objective of reviewing, evolving and policing all Engineering processes from a quality and improvement perspective. A fundamental part of this review is the introduction of working processes to comply with the EN / AS9100 Aerospace quality standard.
Occasional travel to our UK and overseas Engineering sites is anticipated, but the role is based in Colchester Essex.
- To audit the companies design processes and projects on an ongoing basis to ensure design requirements and agreed processes are adhered to.
- To work with senior managers developing and amending current and new procedures, removing duplication and ensuring compliance to the AS 9100 standard at all design locations.
- To agree and implement departmental top-level KPIs as an improvement tool and as a measurement of a “right-first-time “ culture within the organisation.
- To use suitable problem-solving tools to determine root cause analysis when internal issues are identified, using the analysis to drive improvement and standardisation across the company.
- To organise and carry out training of staff as required.
- To link into the existing ISO9001:2015 audit programme, carrying out audits on an agreed basis.
- Degree / HND in Quality Management or a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Relevant Industrial Experience within Electronics Hardware and Software development.
- Relevant Industrial Experience of the AS 9100 aerospace standard.
- Planning and project management skills.
- The ability to interpret data and statistics.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work at all levels of an organisation.
- Familiarity with quality standards and processes.
- Familiarity with problem-solving tools and techniques.
Very competitive salary package. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme.