||Production and Stock Control
||£20,238.40 per annum
Contact Bridie James to talk about this role on 01787 881962
A well-regarded manufacturer and producer based near Halstead is looking to recruit a Section Leader to add to its long-standing and successful team.
The role includes the daily management and efficient running of the production department. With responsibility for ensuring staff compliance to the company Hygiene and Health & Safety policies, as well as any additional tasks deemed necessary to achieve this.
Key duties include:
- Supervisory control of production operatives
- Liaise with the Production Manager and Assistant Production Manager in relation to fulfilling departmental requirements
- Liaise with the departmental trainer regarding training requirements and ensure the competence of staff is monitored and upheld
- Ensure all process paperwork is completed accurately throughout the shift
- Ensure daily machinery start-up checks are completed
- Take responsibility for, manage and quarantine products which do not meet quality standards
- Ensure all products are produced according to specification
- To provide cover for the Assistant Production Manager as and when required
- Ensure that a good standard of good manufacturing practice, hygiene and housekeeping is maintained at all times
- Ensure damaged equipment is not used and any defects are reported to engineers immediately
- Ensure staff compliance with the company Hygiene and Health & Safety policies
- Have a flexible approach to work in order to meet changing business requirements
- Carry out all duties as deemed necessary by supervisory or managerial staff to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the factory
- Compliance to Health & Safety rules at all times
- Compliance to all company policies, practices and standard operating procedures
Knowledge required for this role:
- Knowledge, understanding and compliance of Hygiene and Health & Safety requirements within a food manufacturing environment
Personal skills required:
- Experience working within a food manufacturing environment
- Basic IT skills including Excel
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Self-motivated and an ability to engage staff
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Take a consistent and fair approach when implementing company policies and procedures
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation with a firm belief in personal development and training.
Excellent company benefits are on offer as well as free parking and further progression opportunities.
This is a full-time perm role - offering an excellent package.