Trade Counter Assistant
||£20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Contact Bridie James to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is delighted to be supporting a growing organisation, with offices across the UK, that are looking to add a Trade Counter Advisor to its existing team - this role also involves some admin based duties.
The key purpose of this role is to assist with all trade counter sales, providing an excellent service to all customers - ensuring you are driving sales and providing expert product knowledge.
To be considered for this role you must have trade counter and building supplies sales experience.
- Handling enquiries both over the telephone and on the trade counter and advising on product lines
- Preparing customer quotations
- Updating customer terms
- Progressing orders - promoting special deals
- Proactive up-selling on the trade counter
- Placing orders with suppliers
- Use of the computer system
- Must be happy to lend a hand in other areas of the business when busy or during holiday periods
- Complete all branch admin tasks as required
Key skills required:
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Efficient and customer-focused
- A hard-working polite team player
- A self-motivated person who understands the importance of getting the job done and/or responding to the customer as promised, and on time
- Should be punctual, well presented and like to operate in a clean and tidy manner.
- Positive with a friendly "can do" attitude
- A good listener who is keen to learn, develop new skills and "get on" in the business
- Thoughtful and resourceful, someone who enjoys solving problems
- Real ambition and a desire to succeed would be beneficial as the role offers excellent opportunities to progress in the future
Working hours are Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm and every other Saturday morning.
Offering an excellent working environment, company incentives and a company bonus - this is an excellent opportunity.
Free parking is available on site.