||Transport, Logistics and Shipping
||£27,000 - £30,000 per annum
Contact Bridie James to talk about this role on 01376 517079
Just Recruitment is delighted to be supporting a well-regarded transport/haulage based organisation based on the outskirts of Halstead.
This is a great opportunity to join a business who can give you genuine progression within a fast-growing, forward-thinking industry.
You will come from a planning background within the general haulage or pallet network/groupage industries - with extensive knowledge of all major road networks and a good geographical knowledge of the UK.
You will have previous experience managing a fleet of Rigid/ Artic vehicles.
Role and responsibilities:
- Routing of vehicles and covering deliveries across the UK
- Previous experience in transport planning within a busy transport office
- Providing good communication with the traffic office teams and Drivers to ensure customer KPI’s and targets are achieved and maintained
- Use in-house planning tools and systems to manage workload and monitor efficiency
- Ensuring internal tracking systems are kept organised and updated
- Controlling and planning of resource (vehicles, drivers, trailers); ensuring all legal requirements are adhered to (Working Time Directive and EU Drivers’ Hours regulations)
- Plan rigid and artic work for the following day
- Warehouse checks
- Review manifest and update any amendments/notes
- Providing rate, quotes and processing customer booking
- Monitoring delivery performance and advising customers of issues affecting time/completion
- Competent IT literacy
- Undertake any other ad hoc project or task within the company as required
This position will be Monday to Friday, working 8am to 6pm with occasional weekend working if required - this will be on a very ad hoc basis.
Free parking is available on site.